Tuesday, November 8, 2011

10 Day Challenge ... Day 7 Books


This one may have been the most difficult for me to do because I love to read so much. I had to narrow it down quite a bit.

1. The Twilight Series by Stephenie Meyer - I really fell in love with this series and have a deep admiration for Stephenie Meyer for bringing this story into my life. I felt like I could not read them fast enough. I spent hours and missed sleep devouring book after book. They will always have a special place in my heart.

2. Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger - A classic with such a specific tone. When my best friend Jessica was blocked with an "H" name for her son, the main character, Holden came to me and she loved it. One of my favorite characters in literature is going to be immortalized in my godson forever ... and I could not be happier!

3. The Mayfair Witches Saga by Anne Rice - This is a rich and beautiful story of a family whose background is complicated. Taking place mostly in Louisiana, the background is set so vividly you can smell the beignets.

4. How to be Lovely: The Audrey Hepburn Way of Life by Melissa Hellstern - This book uses many quotes from Audrey and people that were close to her. It always puts me in a good mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment